Last Updated on July 7, 2021.
I seem to be running a few dedicated ARK servers. Here’s the 411:
Are they open?
Whitelisted, but available for anyone I know that plays Ark, like people I stream with, talk to on Discord, etc.
https://discord.gg/wEvhcVe Until added as a member, you’ll be limited to some channels. Ping @MrKrystof to discuss.
High Level Server Settings:
The overall goal – to allow the casual player to still enjoy the numerous aspects of ARK with a more realistic approach to play-time or dependency on having tribes.
- Bosses will be adjusted to allow a single player with decent dinos to take them down (hopefully)
- S+ Enabled for many things (No Nanny)
- Tamed Raptors in particular have a damage boost
- Breeding, mating interval, maturing times reduced. Maturation interval is 100x, which may prove difficult on some tames to get to 100%, but you’ll get close.
- Full imprinting bonus is 5X to stats – Imprint and you get nice dinos.
- Max Dino Level 150 (Tek 180) – DifficultyOverrideMultipler=5.0
- Engram Points boosted – single player at max level should be able to learn all engrams
- Tamed dinosaur food consumption slowed
- Taming is 1.0 but wild dinosaur food consumption is 3x faster – Tames will be faster, but food type is still important.
Tracked on Discord under the ark_announcements channel.
These private servers are whitelisted. Use discord and chat me up a bit to see if these servers are a good fit and we’ll get your account on the list.
Current maps – unless otherwise stated, they are open for use.
Direct join on these from your browser seems to work best – Steam ‘favorites’ is dodgy for me – However ARK itself likes to load mods when this happens and in their current build can look ‘frozen’. When direct launching from the browser your game should launch and Steam should join – it will look ‘frozen’ while it loads mods.
The Island – Steam Favorites Address: steam://connect/ark.krystof.io:27016 (Click to join directly)