Atlas On Krystof.IO
It seems I'm working on an 5x4 PVE Dedicated Atlas Grid. The goal of this grid is to allow a casual PVE and builder experience for solo players or small groups. The grid is 5x4 (20 linked servers) and enabled for current PVE end game (Powerstones and Kraken). As the mods become available we may add some for QoL or Cosmetic purposes. I want survival against the environment to be the primary challenge. You're on your own here, unless you bring a friend. I don't like extremely high rates, while I like higher rates than official so I can still enjoy the game at a semi-accelerated pace while we all have jobs.
Connection URLs (To assist in getting back to the cell you were on):
- A1-Freeport Spawn: steam://connect/atlas.krystof.io:57461
- B1-Temperate: steam://connect/atlas.krystof.io:57465
- C1-Desert: steam://connect/atlas.krystof.io:57469
- D1-Desert: steam://connect/atlas.krystof.io:57497
- A2-Equatorial: steam://connect/atlas.krystof.io:57473
- B2-Equatorial: steam://connect/atlas.krystof.io:57477
- C2-Tropical: steam://connect/atlas.krystof.io:57481
- D2-Tropical: steam://connect/atlas.krystof.io:57501
- A3-Tundra: steam://connect/atlas.krystof.io:57485
- B3-Polar: steam://connect/atlas.krystof.io:57489
- C3-Polar: steam://connect/atlas.krystof.io:57493
- D3-Tundra: steam://connect/atlas.krystof.io:57505
The remaining servers will be added later as they're empty (no islands) at the moment.
Discord link: https://discord.gg/wEvhcVe
There are issues with a 'global chat' across all of the servers in the grid. You can use discord if you want, or you can use global chat - which is currently global to the zone you're in, not the entire grid, or you can use company chat by using the '/' key.
Planet Caladan - a 5x4 Atlas Grid
There's a dynamic map here: http://atlas.krystof.io
- The only Spawning Freeport Cell (A1) allows no claims and rapidly decays built items. You're meant to start here and visit here, not stay here. (Grapeshot has a 10 day deletion on characters logged out here)
- You are capped to level 8 at the freeport. To level up to the 'pre-discovery' cap of 25, get out of A1.
- The grid has end game islands and a Kraken dedicated cell.
- Each biome is represented by at least two tiles to provide a diverse environmental experience.
- Collision Placement Disabled
- ForceAllStructureLocking = True
- Initial Max Level 25 - After that, you must discover islands to increase the level cap. Final cap can be broken through power stones and defeating the Kraken.
- Max Level 150, all engram points available by the end of it (engrams per level adjusted, higher levels give more points) - This may change in the future when children are introduced.
- There are a few freeport islands spread out the map for vendors, but only one that you can spawn in (A1 region - Castle Caladan)
- Islands become generally more difficult in each cell the farther away from A1 you are as a reference point. Some Islands are 1.0 (Max level 30 wild dinos), while most are 1.4 to 2.6 - Max level 78 of wild
- Player stat increase - All stat increases 1.25 X Official except health and weight, which are 1.0 and 1.5 respectively.
- Global Spoil Time X 2 (Longer lasting)
- Player Water Drain Rate X 0.8
- XP X 1.5
- Taming Speed X 1.0 (This leads to X2 on official as they doubled the baseline)
- Harvest Amount X 2.5 (This leads to X5 on official as they doubled the baseline)
- Treasure Gold Multiplier X 1.5
More modifications probably coming here. The goal I had in ARK was to make targeted breeding and mutating paramount to success. To achieve that in a single player-ish environment, I boosted a good amount of stats. I don't know how much exactly will equate in Atlas - We'll have to play it by ear. Thus far the tame specific settings are:
Imprinting has been adjusted to allow full imprints during maturation.
No config changes at this time for ships outside of leveling up to 72 allowed.
Cargo Box - This gives you four 'T' toggle-able boxes with 300 inventory slots. Useful for items, maps, blueprints, and anything else that doesn't stack in a standard Ship Resource Box. The main type can be placed on a cargo saddle for 50 % weight reduction.
SPUK Advanced Structures - Think of it as an S+ style mod for Atlas. Allows for pickup of structures. Also reverts stone costs to not require metal or paste. You must learn the 0 skill point 'SPUK' equivalents in your skill tree to make use of it.
Other notes I'm thinking about for future adjustments:
- Taming/Imprinting modifiers
Settings as a whole may be tweaked over time as more .ini options are available for us to edit (like ship stats), and mods become available. In general, I play through the game and adjust as I deem fit - My philosophy is not to hand myself things on a silver platter. I like things challenging and somewhat harsh, but eventually doable via a single player, so things may be adjusted as I move forward. With ARK, I accomplished this with some boss damage scaling and promoting selective breeding and imprinting to be the mechanism for creating a powerful army for endgame. I'll see how the game evolves over time and adjust accordingly.
Outside of this, I take a very hands off approach. You want a resource? Go find it. Between all the biomes and such I think I have everything covered - if necessary I can add an island or two later.
Notes from Server Setup
These are generally internal notes on things above and beyond downloading and running a server. They may help other server builders.